GETTING READY FOR JAPAN

Ventura Travel Blog

Preparing for this event has been quite a unique challenge for Randy & I over the last few months!!! We Juggled moving- just after getting home from doing our East Coast mini music tour, renewing my passport- which I was not sure if I had to really do that, so I called the Japanese embassy with my concerns. they were EXTREMELY helpful, friendly and happy to assist me; I ended up getting a new passport just to be sure and I'm sooo glad, it's really cool looking...

...anyway...

I'm REALLY EXCITED, can you tell?!?

Where was I...Oh yes...juggling... writing new songs, drawing commissions, more deadlines, and every day life, on top of preparing everything for Japan...including trying to learn Japanese!

I went to Barnes & Noble to look into books about Chiba, Japan which is where we will be spending most of our time. I ended up getting the "Japanese For Dummies" audio cds which have been so much fun & really good for learning important basic words & phrases. It also comes with a mini dictionary. I've ben having a BLAST trying to learn Japanese, whenever I find the time! This is only the beginning for me...I am TOTALLY in LOVE with the language and want to learn more! I'm sure going to Japan will only enhance my passion to learn more about the culture, and what better way than to experience it, hands on! I've been sharing what I've been learning with the artists. As one put it, we'll all "Cramming"...HAI!

I must say the community of artists traveling on this journey are soooo incredible! Inspiring, focused, open, inventive, creative, unique, sharing and caring, communicative, adventurous!!! This has been such an amazing experience for me already. I can only imagine what it's going to be like in Japan! We have already formed a tight, positive community amongst ourselves, so taking this positive energy as a group to Japan...WOW!

These experiences have been such important lessons for me in every way, which I feel is preparation for what's to come!

PeAce LovE & ArT nOt War