I feel Slovenia I feel love

Portoroz Travel Blog

dijaski dom

Portorose-port of roses.Wonderfull seacoast city of Slovenia.It is famous for spa centres.Also it is popular among young people.here i spent 4 months as erasmus student and this time was the most wonderfull time in my life.

It was difficult to reach this city from my country(Lithuania),but it was totally worth it when i saw it.Iwas in Slovenia before and I was shocked how beautiful is this small country.it was just breaf taking nature and nicest warm people.So it was not new for me to come to Slovenia.So when I saw Portorose for first time after long hard two days trip I just fell in love with it. The nature,the sea and the city was just perfect i thought that  I came to expensive resort not just to city near the sea.I and my two friends were living in Dijaski dom(sonca pot 20) we were living in one room, this dijaski is like hostel for students but they accept tourist too.

view from our room window
We got the room with amazing view of Portorose I thought that all 4 monts my like will be like a dream and it was true in the end.

Dijaski was perfect for us eventhough we didn't have washing machine,but we did our laundry by hand and bed linen was changed every two weeks for free.We didn't have wireless,but there was computer room where everyonne can use internet for free.Also it was oportunity to have meals there but we said that we don't need that as we have shared kitchen and bathroom with toilets.Every floor had tv room with tv. Dijaski also have gym it is not very big,but have some exercise machines and ping-pong table. Also outside you can find parking and basketball ground

Portorose is not very big city but it is with very nice architecture city eventhough it doesn't have oldtown and sandy beaches.

view from kitchen window
It has some place with sand,but mostly it is beton.The sea is warm and you can sea Croatia on the other side of the coast as it is really near.You will see a lot of nice yachts and boats.You will be amazed by sunsets and sunrises.The sun is very hot so be carefull don't get sunburned.

There are a lot of nice cafes,bars and restaurants where you can try wonderfull delicious food and try wonderful drinks and don't forget deserts if you try them once you will want more and more.

Nightlife depends on your choise and taste.There are two clubs.One is ''Paprika'' locals call it fancy place,but it is just bar with dance floor and tables outside too.Every evening is themical.if you like salsa and latino dances you must go to ''Paprika'' on thursdays or if you like house music you should go there on fridays and saturdays,you will listen to live dj and will see pretty dancers two girls and two men,they are changing each other,show uusually starts at 23.

seaside
00.Girls and womens you must see that guys they just amazing.Another place is more for students it is ''Tivoli club'' it has two floors,one floor is techo and another is house,r'n'b,pop,rock.sometimes you can see barmen show or concert.often famous world and Slovenia dj's are playing there.biggest partys there is on tuesdays and saturdays.As slovenians are not used to have party on friday so you wont find anything special that days.there is a lot of nice bars and cafes too.You should visit ''Kapelica'' it is near tourist information center between ''Paprika'' and ''Tivoli''.it is bar where you can try a lot of drinks and have some snakcs.The atmosphere is cosy and music is popular croatian ans slovenian,but you can hear and famous worldwide hits.

You can go to casino.

view from kitchen
Portorose have a lot of casinos,one of them is with live games others are just slot machines.Entry to casino is free,you get free drinks and chocolate.(Casino Riviera in city centre).

There is a lot of shops in portorose of famous brands.Also a lot of souvenirs shops.it is expensive,but what you expect from resort.Food stores are working from monday till friday from 10.00 till 20.00,on saturdays from 10.00 till 13.00 and on sundays it is closed.Other shops working all weekdays.

City transport is cheap.It is 1 euro.You can go to another wonderfull city Piran  by walk or just take a bus for 1 euro.Also you can go to Koper it will cost 2,70 euro,for the same price you can use public transport or sonce taxi.

sunset
in this taxi you will here national or craotian music,the drivers will be very nice and funny.they will smile,sing and will be very friendly.

So you can imagine how my life was wonderful all these 4 months.I was enjoying sea,sun,nightlife,and nature.People in Slovenia are very friendly and guys are very nice(girls be carefull don't fell in love with them as it will be difficult later to forget them).I was living in dream and I hope that one day I will come back and my dream will continue...

Life class hotels