0216. Gray Town (Mor 064—new)

Tiflet Travel Blog

Episode 08: Fes-Meknes-Al Hoceima Triangle

It’ still Ramadan, but I’ve got some time off and itchy feet so I’m going to hit the road again and see what happens.  I buy a ticket headed northeast, thinking of maybe doing another sizeable region right to the west of where I dropped off a few weeks ago.  Planning on going from west to east, I get a ticket to the next significant town, Khemisset… but end up getting off at another town on the way that looks interesting, Tiflet.

Tiflet is a relatively poor town--most of the roads are still dirt, and if all Moroccan cities are color coded, Tiflet will have to be "gray" I'm afraid--simply because most people haven't gotten around to painting their cinder block homes... Of course, in other parts of the world, they would be considered "middle class" simply because they HAVE cinder block homes!

Find a nice shady place to parkbench at the edge of town across from this odd looking wall? monument? dry fountain?  Whatever it is, it looks quite out of place is a town like Tiflet--still I took a clip with it because it's unique...

Folks seem a bit rough in the neighborhoods I wander through--no incidents though... other than being hit by a soccer ball...

Tiflet