0200. Mountain Resort (Mor 049--new)

taforalt morocco Travel Blog

One of the fellows I met in Ahfir recommended a day trip to Taforalt up in the mountains south of Berkane.  I find a grand taxi heading that way, so I decide to give it a try.

We quickly leave the plains up a winding road up the steep Rif Mountains where the flat, dry wilderness suddenly became beautiful rugged cliffs and in some places surprisingly lush forests.

Taforalt doesn't have much substance to it--mainly just vacation homes and a small resort area--so I head off the main road to explore the mountains.  I find a crumbling, abandoned stone village with a magnificent view over a steep gorge and surrounding cliffs and hills. With the smell of dry pine needles and the view of hawks soaring and diving, I feel like I was somewhere in American Rockies or down in the Mexican Sierra Madre...

I decide to just chill a while and collect my thoughts.  No people, no distractions... lots of shade... beautiful view... It’s a very soothing opportunity to relax and absorb all that I've experienced over he last couple of days...

taforalt morocco