0182. Tit Mellil by Accident (Mor 031--new)

Tit Mellil Travel Blog

Episode 05: A Short Trip up the Coast

Decide to make another attempt to reach Rommani this weekend.  Someone told me that that city bus 120 will take me to the Benslimane collective taxi station--and from there I can get to Rommani.

I'd always assumed that after the Ouled Ziane and crossing the freeway, Casablanca quickly peters out... Wrong--the city goes on and on for miles and miles of apartments blocs, cafes and parks... "Is this where I catch the taxi to Benslimane?"  I kept asking the ticket guy.

"M'zel" (not yet)

Finally, when I think the city would never end, we finally reach the brown, sloping fields that mark the end of Casablanca.  Then after 3 or 4 miles--another town.

"Here's where you get off" I’m told.

For a moment I lose all interest in Rommani and Benslimane--I want to explore this town that I've discovered by accident. I stop to get a couple of cactus fruits from a vendor--a cheap and refreshing summer snack... only I notice this guy is wearing rubber gloves, unlike all the other guys who peel them with their bare hands... it almost seems like he’s cheating or something!

"Where am I?" I ask him

"Tit Mellil" He answers with a grin.  All the more reason to discover the town.

Tit Mellil is a town still in process--it's got a mixture of older buildings with new middle class homes being built by Casablanca suburbanites.  I do find I little plaza with parkbenches--but not a whole lot of shade--so I kind of have to cut my session short.

abdomec says:
but i think u because although everything u still keep a nice thinking about my country
Posted on: Jan 22, 2010
abdomec says:
there is a moroccan proverbe say: people are stone and Bricks, i mean there is good and bad people everywhere, but believe me there is very nice people u have seen that in biougra and other places rememeber?
Posted on: Jan 22, 2010