Yosemite

Yosemite National Park Travel Blog

After getting back to Reno and picking up our two Chihuahuas and spending a couple of days relaxing at the slots machines we headed south along Highway 395 for home.  From Reno its 135 miles south to Mono Lake and the small town of Lee Vining before you turn west to go up the mountain to Tioga Pass and on to Yosemite.

We stopped at one point near the top to stretch our legs and there was a stream running past.  I had never seen a stream with lots of wild fish swimming in it and these really nice rainbow trout were just inches from us. I felt like I could almost reach in and grab them.  Just a fabulous experience.

At Tioga Pass you feel like you are at the top of the world.  Oh, there are mountains that go up higher than the road, but you really do feel that exhilarating feeling of freedom.

Then on up a few miles to the entrance to the park.  From there we drive as slow as traffic will allow taking pictures the whole way.  It is so nice to be back into California where the mountains are high and the trees are tall and beautiful and the waterfalls are amazing.  I’ll just end this journal entry and let you look at the pictures.

Enjoy! :)