layover

Amman Travel Blog

Just thought I'd document my pitstop in Jordan.

It's also interesting to note that everyone recommends having the Israelies stamp a seperate piece of paper - as opposed to your actual passport - due to the neighboring countries prejudice against them.  For example going between both countries with full transparency is extremely difficult & can possibly get you denied entry at either border.  At my Jerusalem hostel, I got to know about 5 Brits who made it across the border... but 2 of their group got left behind in Jordan.  Israel wouldn't let them in.  And I've heard many stories saying that attempting entry into a Moslem country is difficult when its obvious you've already been inside Israel.

Also interesting that I met a guy heading back to Atlanta from Iraq.  He was an ex-Marine & who is now contracted as an interrogator for the Army.  He had some interesting stories/perspectives - that's for sure.

wils0n33 says:
Hey Cuz. Sounds like the trip is going well. Thats interesting to hear that people had trouble getting in and out of Jordan, because they have relations with Israel. Or at least recognize their existance as a state and do not call it "occupied Palestine". I went to Egypt and Jordan after Israel and nobody cared. I flew into Egypt and crossed the Eilat/Aquaba border check point into Jordan. Though, I did get practically raped by Israeli security getting back in after Jordan. They had even more questions, but in the end it was no problem.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2008