Moulin Rouge to Moet & Chandon

Fontainebleau Travel Blog

Our last few days in Paris were fantastic. We went to the Moulin Rouge and saw the show and drank champagne. What a spectacular. The sets and costumes were magnificent and so over the top. Lots of boobies too.. It was a great experience and totally entertaining, the old fashioned way. We weren't able to take our cameras in but took some photos from out side.

The following day, the sun came out, so we headed to the Eiffel Tower and, in an attempt to avoid the crazy queues, we took the stairs instead of the lift to the second level. We took the lift the rest of the way. What an amazing view. I hope the photos have captured some of it.

After the tower we headed to the airport to pick up our car. We got an upgrade, YES! We hit the road to Reims in our Renault.
After getting lost trying to get out of Paris, we found our exit and headed to Reims. We got there at 11pm, just before our hotel reception closed. Yesterday we headed to the Mumm Cellars, and took a cellar tour. Mumm is the champagne they use on the podium at Formula one events. We planned to visit a little village cellar on the way out of Reims but missed a turn off and ended up in a place called Epernay.  After lunch here we thought we'd ask at the tourist office about getting to Fontainebleau.. to my amazement, the Moet & Chandon house was directly opposite. So that was it! We had to go there. After the tour, we got to taste the champagne. What a great day!

We are now in Fontainebleau thanks to my excellent navigating and are off to see the Chateau.

xx