Every trip begins with packing!

Louisiana Travel Blog

So the time is finally here (well, eight short hours away) for my little summer journey to begin. I leave in roughly eight hours for a five day jaunt up to New York City to visit a friend who is living there and a few friends that are visiting him. The two friends visiting are from Utah, some of my best friends, and have absolutely no clue that I am going to be visiting. I am more excited than a kid at Christmas to surprise them and spend a few days eating cheap pizza, deli sandwiches, taking the subway, and wandering Central Park. It's their first time to NYC, but not mine. Thus, I must make their trip a memorable one.

From there, I fly to San Jose, Costa Rica. My return ticket is nearly a month later. In that month, I plan to white water raft, mountain bike, and more than anything: SURF. I began surfing in Hawaii when I was a student at the University of Hawaii, and have been dying to surf ever since I left six months ago. This is the driving force behind my choice of Costa Rica and Nicaragua as prime destinations for my summer journey. As for details.. Well, I tend not to do well with decisions and details that don't involve life or death decisions. I've planned out the first few days once I arrive to alleviate the stress of finding a place to sleep, and I've become very familiar with places in Costa Rica and Nicaragua that I want to visit. The order that I visit those places, and the certainty that I will visit each of those places remains up in the air. I'm the type to talk to people and find out where the local secrets are; and this is what I intend to do in Centro America. I think back many times each day to some of the memories that still give me the chills; the amazing people that I've met over the years and the beautiful places that I've seen. This is what I chase after in life - the creation of memories worth remembering. This is what I'm chasing after on this adventure, as well.

This is my last trip before I start law school, so I have to make it a good one. The preliminary planning is done, packing is complete, and my plane is leaving in the morning. Let the games commence, and wish me the best of luck.