Windsor Castle

London Travel Blog

Today we decided to go on another of the optional side tours, this one to Windsor Castle.  I think everyone took this trip. It certainly was one well worth the added expense.  And this was no quick walk through, but rather about a half day of strolling at you own pace, seeing what interested you, whether it be the gardens, grounds, the castle itself, the shops or St. George’s Chapel.  My husband was thrilled to get to see all of the coats of arms, armour, and weapons from the past. One huge room had all of the coats of arms for every family that are in the honored Order of the Garter.  The ceiling was covered with them.

Everything throughout the castle was glistening and waxed to perfection and not a sign of dust anywhere. Let me, a housewife, notice that! LOL

Of course they don’t want anyone to take pictures indoors in any part of the castle so all we have are our memories, unless you decided to buy a book or two at one of the gift shops.

They have plenty of pictures in them.

Besides the tour of Windsor castle we also got a nice bus tour around London with a professional guide. Just a few of the places we past were Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace, Knightsbridge with Harrods, the House of Parliament and Big Ben beside the River Thames.

Another option tonight was a nice dinner and then a cruise of the Thames River.  The dinner was at Chez Gerard, a white linen, 4 star restaurant within walking distance of the Tower of London and our cruise dock.  We had a special menu and could choose what we wanted.  I think everyone was more than pleased. The wine flowed, the conversation was joyous and happy and we all had a good time.

Then a slow stroll to our cruise ship and off for a slow ride along the Thames, where everyone was given an afterdinner mint and the females received a long stemmed carnation.

It turned our to be a beautiful ride and finished a beautiful day and wonderful first tour!

joseph98 says:
Sad :( I expect it's something to do with it being one of the Queen's homes. They still haven't forgotten about the fire 20 years ago either.
Posted on: Oct 06, 2013
Hummingbird says:
We loved going there as part of our tour, but so many areas are not accessible and photos not allowed. :(
Posted on: Oct 05, 2013
joseph98 says:
Do you know what, I've lived in London for three years now and I still haven't been here! Something I must address...
Posted on: Oct 05, 2013