On to Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Morning comes and we again pack our bags and set them out in the hallway before heading down for breakfast.  Today we are on our way to Paris. It’s a pretty long drive, but shortly we are over the Swiss border near Basle and ride the fast highways skirting the vineyards of Burgundy and Fontainebleau Forest.

As we get to the outskirts of Paris we start seeing the tagging.  I thought California was bad, but this is so much worse.  How they manage to get up to some of those places is beyond me but there is writing and pictures everywhere.

Our hotel in Paris is the worst of all the hotels we’ve been in, Mercure Paris Porte De.

Don’t know how they managed to get the tour business.

But after getting up to our room and changing for a nice evening out we were back on the bus for a quick trip to a fine restaurant and dinner.  Appetizers, escargot and smoked salmon, the main course (I had Beef Bourginouin with noodles and grilled tomatoes and my hubby had pork chops, potatoes, and grilled tomatoes), then cheese and finally dessert, Crème Bruelle!  The wine flowed freely and the conversation was enjoyed.

After our wonderful meal we were bused to see the lights of Paris at night. Paris was in the running to host the Olympics of 2012 so they had polished, painted, brightened up and added lights to everything. Even the Eiffel Tower had thousands of light flashing.  Talk about an amazing sight!  We were a given plenty of time to take photos and pick our chins up off the floor.  Then back to the hotel, nearly midnight.  A long but wonderful day.

travelman727 says:
Judy, what a fantastic blog and wonderful photos :-) I think you're starting to give your husband a run for his money :-D
Posted on: Sep 25, 2008