The Castle!

Neuschwanstein Travel Blog

This morning we are out of our room so early we could have had four breakfasts and still been on the bus on time.  My husband said he slept fine under only the duvee, and didn’t awake until the alarm went off at 5:30am.  Breakfast was good again this morning, with plenty of hot food available including all the things we were wanting.  We enjoyed an extra cup of coffee before heading for the bus.  Unfortunately, someone overslept and was more than ten minutes late for the bus.  Our tour director instructed us to hiss and boo the late comers to teach them, and instill in the rest of us how important being on time is when on a tour.  It would happen on the most important day of the tour though.  My hubby was mad.  He wanted as much time at the castle as possible.  The scenery on the way was spectacular and everyone was clicking their cameras like crazy.

At the castle we got a small bus ride up to the castle and had only a few minutes before our tour began.  Only parts of the castle ever got completed before King Ludwig past away, and those are the parts we got to see.  No photos inside, which bothered my hubby, but we enjoyed the tour so much.  What an amazing castle!

joseph98 says:
Nice castle, but I'm finding the views of the surrounding area more impressive. Did you cross that bridge...?
Posted on: Oct 05, 2013
missandrea81 says:
To see Neuschwanstein? It is a very good reason. I've been to all three. Linderhof and Chiemsee are the others. King Ludwig was in love with architecture. Many of Munich's famous buildings were commissioned by him as well.
Posted on: Apr 01, 2013
Hummingbird says:
Andrea, that is so normal. No matter where you live, the local special places are never the ones you see. By the way, it was the main reason Roger picked this particular tour! :)
Posted on: Mar 31, 2013