Another day of relaxation, except for the laundry

London Travel Blog

Harrod's

My husband told me we had to do laundry, because there was no way he was about to replace all of our clothes at Harrod’s Department store. :)

We knew where the laundromat was so we just filled the suitcases with it and pulled it along on its wheels the few blocks.  It took a little longer than we figured but we got it back to the hotel and then grabbed a bus for Picadilly Circus.

Lunch was at Garfunkel’s, and we had chicken, mozerella, and tomato sandwiches and a fresh salad.

We didn’t have great luck finding Harrod’s but finally found it and spent well over an hour strolling through four floors of ultra expensive clothes, jewelry, luggage, watches, household goods, and even jams and jelly.  My husband picked up a random pair of ladies heels, and looked at the price on the bottom. They were 500 pounds! At the exchange rate at the time that was just about $1,000! Needless to say we didn’t buy them.

Dinner at the hotel was a special buffet for guests. Nice presentation but not only not as good as it looked but not as warm as is should have been. My husband got several high eyebrows when he asked them to “nuke” it for a minute or two.

Back to our room where we watched a couple of recent movie releases.

Harrods