I love my county!

Grayslake Travel Blog

About to get on Cliff Hanger
Ok, so this definitely falls into the category of randomness  but I would just like to say how much I love county fairs! No playing around, I love showcasing the ruralness that Illinois really is. I <3 the 4H!
We went and the first stop at Lake County Fair truly must be to visit the animals! I know my friend Joe will argue with me, he likes to get an Elephant Ear first (think funnel cake but in the shape of...wait for it...an elephant ear!). Anyway, truly, I love visiting the animals! My favorite- the pigs- awesomeness!! I realize these pigs are for sale for mating or slaughter, but I still think they're cute and I still like to go see them! They were rather loud this trip. My friends were even able to drag me into the bird (ew, ew, ew) room. I hate birds...ew.
At the fabulous county fair there is always some sort of main event and tonight it happened to be Monster Trucks.
AWESOME!
I would like to take this opportunity to point out I was raised on the North Shore,
think rich, snotty, high class, bratty, people
I hope to think I am different than many of the people I have grown up with
and actually have the ability to realize there is more in this world around me than the "Bubble" we were raised in
Point being- we did not have Monster Trucks where I grew up!

Thursday is the Demolition Derby, I kinda can't wait!
The last two important things at our county fair would be the rides and games- I literally was sick, so much fun!! The rides we rode were- Cliff Hanger, the Zipper, Tornado, the Zipper again and then some other one I don't remember the name of. As we were flying high on Cliff Hanger and I'm between my friend Joe and my friend Chris, they proceed to have a conversation about the safety of carnival rides and how half the fun of the rides is not knowing whether you'll live or die- isn't it great to have friends? The boys I was with won a fish for my friend and I, we now share joint custody of Joe the Carny the Fish- he's awesome too. It's so frickin' hard to win a fish!!

In conclusion I would just like to say how much I love the frickin' county fair and everyone should go if they can!!

ps- MORE pictures to follow soon!
The Zipper
The Zipper
Tornado- God this made me sick!
Tornado- God this made me sick!
sooooo sick!