Mall of America, 2010

Bloomington Travel Blog

Sleepy girl!!

So, I was going to make a whole blog about this trip, but I figured it fit better here since it was just a weekend trip.

On Saturday morning, bright and early, which we all know I'm so good at, we headed off on our journey. Not going to lie, I slept most of the way there. So, we got to our hotel, checked in and headed off to the Mall.

When we got to the mall it was just exciting to be out of the car!! Now, if you know me, I like to tackle things with a plan, so going into the mall to "wander" was pretty stressful for me. At first we just kind of walked around the center where the amusement park is and then went off to have lunch at Johnny Rockets. While at lunch we came up with a plan: start spiraling our way from the top floor down on day 1 and then on day 2 hit up all the rides, Build-a-Bear and anything we may have missed.

So we set off on our journey. The mall was, well, a mall. But the people watching was pretty interesting and amusing. We did some shopping, although, not too much since we have all the stores here. There were some unique things, and some things I don't think I would have imagined but, it was entertaining.

That night we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner where my future sister-in-law discovered my hate for the word "Moist" (I cringe as I type it...) and had fun with that. From there it was back to the hotel where homework was done and reading and relaxing.

The next morning we set off for the mall again to hit up all the rides. We started off tame but built our way up to some of the more adventurous rides! My favorite would have to be either the Fairly Odd Parents ride or the Sponge Bob plunge ride.

We made it!
Both roller coasters were so much fun, but more than anything Linda (future mother-in-law) made them priceless by her screaming and fabulous facial expressions! I think I laughed more than anything!! We went off to CrAve for lunch and then played some mini golf. From there we went off to Build-a-Bear where Chris and I made adorable bride and groom bears! I know we have Build-a-Bear here, but it was still fun!! From there we went for a last round on the rides including everyone but me going on the water ride (no thank you!).

On our way back to the hotel from the mall we stopped at Sonic for dinner which was an amusing experience in and of itself. But none the less, we ate and headed back to the hotel to get some rest so we could drive home the next day!

Lego store!!
Lego store!!
Frickin huge mall!!
Frickin' huge mall!!
Bloomington Hotels & Accommodations review
This hotel was fine. It had everything we needed including breakfast and a little convenience shop. We got there very early and they were able to acco… read entire review
Bloomington Sights & Attractions review
The Mall of America; a big a** mall
I found the Mall of America to be a bit blah. I mean, it's a giant mall. While technically it is free to go in and walk around, to ride any of the r… read entire review
Bloomington