New Life in Christ Church

Phuthaditjhaba Travel Blog

Woke up early this morning in preparation for the day. Was greeted by two of the interns and escorted to breakfast!  I am eating with all the interns which is pretty cool.  Being around all these young people is exciting. They have some much energy and enthusiasm for the ministry and the Lord. I love seeing this.  The interns are self sufficient for meals…. Ever meal they prepare for themselves and I am included in the fun. So far they are treating me like a guest.. I am just waiting for them to get used to me being around.. then I am sure they will put me to work in the kitchen!

Anyway… after breakfast it was off to a South African worship service. There are two other guests here at the camp visiting from Michigan. Pastor Jodie will be preaching today at the church and her friend came with her for company on the trip.  The church is called New Life in Christ Fellowship and they are a full Gospel church.  It has been a long time since I have been in a 2.5 hour worship service. But o my goodness, I have never experienced a movement of God and the Holy Spirit as I did in this church service today. We just worshipped with music for over an hour. I have no idea what they were singing because it was in the native Basotho language but what power in the music!  Then Pastor Jodie presented the Gospel.  Afterwards there was an alter call and Pastor Jodie, her friend Janice and myself were asked to come forward and pray for the people that came forward. Wow, what an experience that was!

After we got back from the worship service we stopped for lunch an then went back to the camp. For me, the afternoon was free so I decide to go hiking. Well… an 1.5 hours later I was officially a member of the I climbed Mt. Everest! Was an awesome view to be at 7500 ft elevation and to be able to look over the camp and the valley. Tomorrow the work will begin!!

Now I am just hanging out here in the cafe with all the interns waiting for a movie to start on TV.  Not sure what is going to be showing but hey, I get to hang out with the team here so that's the cool part!

photo by: ride4jesus