Hartbeespoort Dam and Shopping

Hartbeespoort Travel Blog

Today I drive to Hartbeespoort Dam area to do some shopping and to try to find the Cheetah Park.  Took about ½ hour to drive to the Dam and find the outdoor craft markets. Took about another ½ hour to find the Cheetah Park. At lease now I know where it is and will not be trying to find it in the early hours of the morning on Wednesday. The shopping experience was just that… an experience. Everyone in their little shops was jumping on me to try to make a sale.  Unfortunately everything was very expensive and they didn’t want to bargain much.  They try to tell you they are giving you a good deal and in reality if you are not savy to their games you will get ripped off.  Of course, they see an American and think they can pull one over.  So… didn’t buy much at all. Oh well!!

I called Vincent and Ziani when I got back and we headed to the restaurant for some food. More conversation about beliefs and religion and some great fish and chips. Then, they paid for my lunch which came completely by surprise. They said that they have not had so much fun and such great conversation with someone they had just met and wanted to bless me.  We did talk about dinner plans in the restaurant for later but would see how we all felt.  Well, I went back to my room and fell asleep getting up about 8 and headed to dinner. They were coming out of the restaurant with unhappy faces. They said they only had a small light menu for dinners and that if we wanted to eat if was back to Carnivore. So, for the second night in a row we went to Carnivore. More great conversation and laughs and again they paid for my meal. I have no doubt that we will be staying in touch! What a blessing they have been to me.   They said that if I ever return to S. Africa they want to know!!!

Hartbeespoort