AsiaJapanTokyo

Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland

Tokyo Travel Blog

Disney!
We started off the day with a complimentary breakfast at the hotel. Boy, I heard that the portions were small in Japan, but I wasn't expecting to see EVERYTHING in a bite-size portion! I did help myself to some Japanese rice and ham, along with kiwi yogurt, some eggs and sausage patties, and a small box of their version of Cocoa Krispies. I was like a kid in a candy shop at the breakfast buffet.

Since we were staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay Resort Hotel, which was on Disney property, we were granted early entry access to the park. It was pretty funny how we figured it out - we were given a slip of paper with all Japanese character writing on it except for two words: Early Entry. We inquired at the front desk and were happy to show them our Disney tickets in order to receive the special Early Entry ticket.
The Legend of Mythica

After breakfast we headed over to the Disney Resort Line station so we could buy our monorail passes for the next two days. We decided that we would spend the majority of the day at DisneySea, and spend the night at Tokyo DisneyLand, considering that half of the rides in TDL were the same or similar to those at DisneyWorld in Florida, where Chris works.  We waited on line for the gates to open in the park, and to our amazement, once the gates opened, the guests were literally SPRINTING into and through the park. I've seen people run once the park opens, but these people looked like they were going to try out for Japan's track and field team at the Olympics!

The rides at DisneySea were pretty good, but I think my favorite part was watching the show "The Legend of Mythica".
the leaky tikis
It was awesome - like a parade on water, there were floats, dancers, waterworks, kites, fire, and fireworks, and of course the Disney characters too. The show was about 45 minutes long, and not once did I feel bored or thought that it was just another cheesy Disney parade. This is definitely a show to see when you are there, and it only happens once a day. Even if you forget, you will have to notice how the park seems to empty out around showtime, and everyone is gathered around the lake in the middle, waiting for the show to begin.

We left DisneySea after 5 and made our way over to TDL by monorail. We only had to wait about 15 minutes before we were allowed access to the park (we bought the "after 6" discount tickets) The first thing we did was head towards Tokyo's version of Adventureland, and went on Pirates of the Caribbean. My friend Chris (who works in the Adventureland section at DisneyWorld) took a lot of pictures for comparison purposes, and he even posed with the girl who was working the treehouse. We continued through the park and went on almost everything before the park closed. We definitely accomplished a lot more than we had planned on.

We headed back to the hotel, and mapped out the next day's route before crashing out for the night.
momiji says:
TLD and TDS in one day!!! you go girl :)
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
Disney!
Hotel Hightower a.k.a. Tower of …
"Hotel Hightower" a.k.a. Tower of…
coaster at Disney