AsiaJapanFuji

Mt. Fuji and Hakone part 1

Fuji Travel Blog

Mt. Fuji
After our sardines in a can experience yesterday morning, Chris and I opted to take a taxi to the bus terminal this morning because we were honestly a little intimidated as to how we were going to get our luggage onto the JR train if it was going to be that crowded! We got to the bus terminal about an hour early, but fortunately we were able to check in at the counter and leave our luggage with the tour company. We then took a walk around the World Trade Center ( a little ironic, being a NYer), and tried to blend in with the morning pedestrian rush hour. I saw a 7-11 type store and said we had to stop there. Personally, one of the best parts about going to a foreign country is seeing the food. We walked up and down the aisles, laughing at funny pictures or types of food that was available.
Mt. Fuji
I saw a Crunky chocolate bar, and was determined to try one at some point during the trip. To us, "getting crunky" has a completely different meaning than getting a chocolate bar. (If you don't know and want to, PM me and I'll explain!)

Eventually, we made our way back inside to wait for the boarding call. We got on the bus and away we went, driving through the outskirts of Tokyo and making our way to Mt. Fuji. Along the way, we passed the Fuji-Q park and stopped at the Fuji Visitor Center for about 15 minutes. Then, we drove halfway  up Mr. Fuji to the 5th station, where we were given plenty of "leisure time". We visited the shrine, took lots of pictures of Mt. Fuji, and browsed the five gift shops that were there. We were fortunate enough to get several glimpses of the top of Mt. Fuji as the clouds passed by.

When we left the 5th station, we headed to the Hotel Highland Resort for our Japanese style lunch. The lunch included beef, chicken, fish, and many traditional sides, such as lotus, rice, vegetables, etc. We were also given tea (of course) and dessert. While we waited to board the bus, we walked around Highland and Fuji-Q and took pictures. Chris, the coaster enthusiast, couldn't believe that he was standing under a roller coaster that he could not ride (we didn't have time plus it was closed for repairs). After we boarded the bus, we drove to the foot of Mt. Fuji to a town called Hakone.
Fuji