The Peak

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Victoria Peak during the daytime was amazing... I had to scope it out first, so I was there on Friday and Saturday, and we had sunshine both days, some of the first since I got to Hong Kong. It's a bit of a walk from the MTR station to the Peak Tram station, but it goes through a nice park. The Peak Tram goes seemingly straight up the mountain with a beautiful view of Victoria Harbour on the right-hand side. The second time, it was crowded so I ended up standing, and I had to hang on for dear life! A thrilling ride past all of the mid-level high rises and mansions too.
At the Peak, we checked out all of the options and had a great set lunch of dim sum and black bean chicken that was amazing, served with a view of the Harbour of course. I also had fresh orange and dragonfruit juice from a smoothie stop in the Peak tower. I didn't pay to go up to the Peak Lookout, but the view is just about as good from the Peak Galleria, and free. Next time, I would like to hike around the peak to see the whole view, it takes about an hour and you see the city as well as the southern part of Hong Kong Island and the South China Sea. I liked the southern views the best, because it is so lush and green, totally in contrast with the skyscrapers of Central. This was a must-see in Hong Kong, and so I hope I can go back at night and take some pictures of the night skyline and sunset.