Markets

Hong Kong Travel Blog

So, after being here for almost two months, it feels as though I have found every market possible. Yet, yesterday I found a new one that was awesome. I love exploring the markets and even bargaining for deals on cheap clothes and souvenirs. The first one we explored was Temple Street, a night market filled with t-shirts, chopstick sets and wine bottle covers, chinese shirts and dresses, jewelry, and lots of dragon and buddha ornaments. Our next obsession was the Ladies Market, which is open in the afternoon and evening and carries much of the same, with more everyday clothing, belts, and knock-off purses DVDs and belts.
Soon, I discovered the markets of Prince Edward, with the goldfish, bird and flower markets. These are great places to explore and I took some wonderful pictures. I really wanted to buy some turtles ($HK10) and sharks, as well as phaelenopsis orchids, but I settled for a couple lotus stems. Nearby is Fa Yuen street, where I found awesome bargains (no haggling even!) on sandals, pillowcase covers and clothes.
For women's clothing, the New Territories offer some of the best deals. I got a couple of dresses for about $HK70 in Kwai Fong, and Lai Chi Kok has great designer deals. I wished I could try them on, as the fit wasn't quite perfect, but I love love love cheap clothes! Plus, the top floor of the Kwai Fong market has great sushi and crepes for only a few dollars. This was definitely worth the MTR trip. I am really going to miss the markets when I go home.