My Hasher friend

Gilbert Travel Blog

Curt and his drink of lemonade

My hasher friend Curt (Ugly naked guy) invited me to go camping at Cococino National Park and to visit the Verde Hot Springs. Curt lives in Gilbert which is just far east Phoenix and is about 15 miles aways from Phoenix downtown. From Tucson it took about 2 hours and 40 minutes to drive up on Saturday morning after a late Friday night. I headed North on S Kolb road making a U-turn to head North towards Grant, only I decided to turn at Speedway which is my familiar raod towards Swan. The interstate 10 is undergoing construction so it is easier to use to back streets as far north as possible before getting onto the freeway.  I merged on I-10 from Ina road which helped me avoid the construction zone: an hour and a half later I exited at 154 to merge onto US-60 E which is took me to the Gilbert exit.

In Gilbert, Curt had already loaded his 4X4 Cherokee Jeep with all the camping gear, I was late of course because I woke up late, but he was patiently waiting when I arrived. Being a soldier I guess patience is something he has plenty off. We talked about the hash and the hike planned ahead and I laughed so hard when he told m ehis hash handle. I have written previously about my hash habit - hasing is Fun Running and I have been a hasher for over 13 years now.  The trip to the Verde Hot springs where we would camp and hike would take about three hours he said. So we began the journey from Gilbert.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.

Gilbert