Hotel review

Taylor Travel Blog

I don't normally post reviews of hotels on sites like this one, but I booked it through Expedia and I got frustrated trying to leave a review there, so I'm doing it here.

I stayed at the Silver Creek Inn in Taylor.  It's a Rodeway hotel.  I booked it through Expedia, and when I did the reservation I requested a king bed and a non-smoking room.  I had called the Wednesday before the weekend to confirm, and they had me down for a non-smoking king room.  I figured it was all good.

I got there around four on that Friday afternoon, and they were completely booked as I was already aware of since it was a holiday weekend.  I didn't remind the girl that I had requested a non-smoking room, which might have been my mistake, but I had confirmed earlier this week and assumed.  I got a smoking room.  I went back to ask for a different room, and she told me they were completely booked and there wasn't anything she could do.  I did talk her into getting some spray and spraying the room down to try and get rid of the smell, but that only worked for about half an hour.  I ended up going to a dollar store and getting a bottle of air freshener and a scented candle, which helped some, but in the morning it was the same smell again.  I was not at all pleased with this room and the hotel in general.

I will not stay there again.