The Day from Hell

Memphis Travel Blog

So it was to be the day I left for my trip and early indications were that I might actually get off work early, at that point in time I was working for Dish Network doing satellite installs.    The day started out pretty nice but about 3 o'clock some pretty major storms started rolling in. I always have enjoyed working in the rain just not when there's lightning, wind, and so much rain that regardless of what you do you get soaked .  My route went well but it seemed that everyone else chose to work slowly that day, go figure.  About 5:00PM I learned that one of my coworkers who had been working in St Louis, MO had fallen off of a ladder about 35 feet and was in the Hospital where he still is (He could have been injured much worse but he is far from being in good shape.)  Anyway receiving that news didn't put me in a very good mood.  So I finally made it out of work about 7:15 and swung by the house for a quick bite before hitting the road.  Leaving 7:30 I had the joy of driving through about 30 minutes of the tail end of the storm.

photo by: vulindlela