The year of the Ox

Kilgore Travel Blog

some of the goodies we had

It would crazy to say that we ate like a horse, a pig or a cow because we ate like an Ox. Yeah, an ox because this was the Chinese New Year celebrating the year of the OX. We had a pretty good crowd last night as we all came together on our weekly dinner parties at the Christian Campus Center.

I planned the menu around some of the favorite dishes of the students who come around all the time. I made sweat and sour pork, yummy, beef stir fry, ramen noodles, chicken fried rice, shrimp fried rice, egg rolls and some great chocolate cake made by our friend Holly. It was a fun evening of discovery as well. Come to find out that almost 50% of the students were snakes and almost all of the adults, Dragons.

We laughed and played some games which included one called Chien Tung. Chien Tung is supposed to be the oldest know method of fortune telling in the world. Weather that is true or not, well, we will just see. My fortune for the future was positive, but isn’t everyone’s?

I guess I should have taken some photos of the great dishes I created. I was happy to see the students eat everything and not even complain. Complain, well, they generally complain about anything and everything, so tonight was a success.

our placemats