Preview Day

Kilgore Travel Blog

Me before all the students arived

Every fall, Kilgore College sponsors a n event called Preview Day. This is a day when potential students have an opportunity to visit the college, take a tour, meet with representatives from all of the over 100 clubs and organizations as well as interact with faculty and students. The Christian Campus Center always has a table set up to share and invite students to get involved with our ministry. It is always a great chance to meet the students and give them information on how they can be involved in their spiritual life here at college.  I let the students know about the academic course I teach including the Life and Teachings of Christ, the Life and Letters of Paul, the New Testament Survey and the Parables of Christ. All these course transfer to any school in Texas. The students like the idea that they can still take religious courses even at a state funded school.

We had a good response this year. Many students and their parents were not only interested in what we could do for them, but what they could do for us. I look forward to seeing all these students next fall.

Getting ready for students