33 Miles: One life

Kilgore Travel Blog

Photo from their website

Give it up for the small town of Kilgore, Texas being one of the stops on the 33Miles tour. You may be scratching you head, as I was, asking who or what 33 miles is. This Christian singing group is pretty well known across the USA with many of their songs being played on Christian radio. I wasn’t really sure what to expect since I never really listen to them. My friends over at the Wesley Foundation, a campus ministry of the Methodist Church sponsored the concert in celebration of 50 years of ministry at Kilgore College.

I enjoyed the concert.

I love this shot. You don't know how long I waited for this shot
They were loud and got the crowd on their feet. I really enjoyed quite a few of their songs and went as far as buying a couple of their albums. Actually, my friend, Vivian Sharp, bought the cds. Their latest album, One Life, which hits the shelves on Tuesday, September 16th has a couple of songs that really hit home. The 5th song on the CD called “Apologize” had to be the best song of the night. I am not sure the impact of the song would have hit me so hard had not Jason told the story behind him writing it. It is a story that we all share, a story that we all can relate to: Asking God to forgive us. Actually more about “letting go our pride and apologize.” I probably need to do that to more than one person in my life right now.  They also sang the song “Gone” it had a really good beat that kind of reminded me of Rascal Flats. The idea that I see so much of my life reflected in each and every one of these songs still amazes me. The more I learn about God and myself, the more I fell I don’t know anything at all. I guess that is the beauty of the Gospel, if we thought we had it all figured out, we wouldn’t need a Savior. I am glad I have one in Jesus.

The group stayed around and signed cds and posters. They were really friendly and made for a great Sunday evening out worshiping with friends. I checked out their website and they have some great stuff there. Check them out at www.33milesonline.com.

I think you will find their story just as good as their music. I have quite a few photos to post, but need to do it in the next couple of days. Keep an eye for them.

Photo from their website
I love this shot. You dont know h…
I love this shot. You don't know …
33miles in Kilgore