Spending a day with goldfishflosser

Malibu Travel Blog

I love this photo!
The next day, after hanging out with the LA TB crew at Joy's house from the night before from an awesome BBQ and fine wine and alcohol, i thought i'd take goldfishflosser for a ride to Malibu. My  plans for the day consists of: to take him out for shopping at the third street promenade in Santa Monica, have lunch at Dukes in Malibu then go to the beach to lay out and get some sun, in the afternoon we would have to  meet with  the  LA crew for some dim sum dinner near Joy and Karin's place in San Gabriel Valley at around 5:30pm.

I picked him up from his hotel at about 10:30am, made sure he's ready and all packed cause i will be dropping him off at Joy's place to stay for another night.
welcome to Malibu!
Since it's the beginning of the week, and no one's off  that day which was Monday  but me,  i figured i'd show him where my neighborhood is and take him around Santa Monica all the way to Malibu. I text him first and to let him know that i was on my way and to make sure that he's ready for me to pick him up. I showed up in his doorstep at around 10:45am and sure enough he was ready!  I hope he did have enough sleep i wondered.He checked out from his hotel, signed some paperworks and walked  to my car with his luggage and his backpack. I under estimated my trunk, i was afraid that his luggage would'nt fit in , i have so much junks in my trunk (hahaha, no seriously!) So he pushed his luggage all the way in and says, it will fit..agh!! yup it sure did hehehe.
100 more steps to go!hehehe!

Third street promenade is located in 3rd and Wilshire in Santa Monica, when we got to the place, i realized place does not open till eleven or so, oh no what to do now?  He had some yugort in the morning  as he told me, before i picked him up and i  dont think he's up for breakfast nor lunch  anytime soon yet and neither do i so i passed Wilshire blvd and made  a left  turn to ocean street and started driving to PCH (Pacific Coast Highway).I was not going to take him to Malibu just yet but oh well, what the hell! Why not just drive em there now? Few minutes later,we're in PCH, made a couple stop, took some pictures of the sign "Welcome to Malibu" and continue driving all the way till we hit Zuma beach, near Pepperdine University.  On our way, watched few surfers  surfing and wanted to stop and take more photos but failed to when i could not find a better spot to park.
50 more steps! you can do it;D
I finally made a U-turn and decided to drive back to Santa Monica after all we are going to come back for lunch anyway.We even passed Dukes restaurant on our way back and mentioned to him that that's where  we going  for lunch. I told him what type of food they serve and he seems to be interested. Weather was a bit overcast  so it may not be perfect to lay out i said. So we drove back to Santa Monica  found a good parking spot near Montana and Ocean and started walking  to the beach.There's a built in stairs that goes all the way down to the beach so i thought it was kind of nice to take him here. Perfect for cardio work out actually.Now the weather was much better,  just perfect! So i asked Goldfisflosser if it was okay to lay out for an hour first before we can go eat and it was fine with him.
Santa Monica Beach

We reached Santa Monica beach  and  what a beautiful day it was! Our beach towels were sitting together, i brought my spray tan lotion and all ready to lay out!:D. I dozed off for maybe about ten or fifteen minutes  then we  started chatting, we shared a few laughs and next thing we knew it was time to go. It was after 12pm when we decided to leave. We were both hungry at this time.

We drove back to Malibu to Dukes restaurant to have lunch like i promised him. We valet my car and requested for table for two by the window please i asked the receptionist. We were seated in no time and the receptionist handed us the menu, our waiter came next and informed us  what their especial for the day is in which was not on the menu, all i can remember was seabass with crusted macadamia, i think.
Yummy!
.  though it sounded really good, i opted for Mahi Mahi sandwich instead.In addition to our entree's, we also split up the cobb salad that Goldfishflosser  ordered. I was happy of what i've ordered,Goldfishlflosser ordered the seabass. Food was great and it was worth it! While eating, noticed a dolphine playing in the ocean and wait four more dolphines showed up! Kid next to  us who's visiting as well from the UK with his family was screaming that he thought he'd seen a dolphine too! It was soo cool!

It was almost 4pm when we left Malibu, we still have to do some shopping for him. We have an hour to burn before dinner so i took him to the promenade and let him shop for a bit. He picked up a couple outfits and thought it looked nice on him.Dinner is an hour away from Santa Monica so we had to leave asap.
Sheila_0808 says:
my pleasure! It was a great day;D
thanks ladies for all the comments!
goldfishflosser says:
thanks for a great day sheila! :-)
alicegourmet says:
Great blog! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! =)
Hottie!
Hottie!
me and goldfishflosser overlooking…
me and goldfishflosser overlookin…
nice;P