Gophers v. Bobcats

Minneapolis Travel Blog

View from my regular seat
One of my favorite activities is attending Minnesota Gophers basketball at Williams' Arena, The Barn, on the Univeristy of Minnesota campus, so a couple years ago my dad and I decided to also get season tickets for the football team.  They have not been very good in a long time, but its still fun to go. They've made a few mediocre bowl games, but took a big step backwards last year with a first-year head coach and only won one game the entire season. Hopefully, it will be even more fun next year when the football team moves back on campus to their new outdoor stadium.  Check out the future TCF Bank Stadium.

Today, it was University of Minnesota Golden Gophers versus Montana State Bobcats. Normally, you'd probably pick a Bobcat to beat a Gopher, but if you've seen Goldie Gopher you know the Minnesota mascot is not a normal mascot.  Its more a gopher-beaver hybrid on steroids. :-) Last year, the Gophers won one game the entire season, so starting the day at 2-0 the season was already off to a better start.  They started the game slow and looked very similar to last year. They seemed like they were going to let the Bobcats hang around and steal the game. In fact, they did just that most of the first half, but fortunately they played much better the second half and were able to triple their win total from the previous year.  The Big Ten schedule will still probably be a difficult one to say the least.
View from my new second half seat