Saipan.Saipan.Not Taiwan but Saipan.
Saipan Travel Blog› entry 2 of 2 › view all entries
November 30th, 2007 – by: christelmamaril
my Saipan list... (things i could remember from the place)
1. rent a car! the island is small... (riding a cab is pretty expensive)
2. they have these taxi drivers that the locals and pinoys use... what happens is that they call the cab guy.
3. i went to costco and bought those fridays potato skin chips.. yumm
4. sunset time... watch the beautiful sunsetSSS a lot of SuNSETS
5. eat eat eat..
6. visit the ABC store for some mauna Loas (macadamia nuts)..my mom also liked some of the Marianas Blend sold at Duty Free!
7. cultural show at fiesta hoTeL
8. stay at PIC.. a lot of activities for kids.. but its far from Garapan square.its 10 minutes away from the "main part of the town"
9. visit garapan square they sell street foods(filipino, thai, chineses,japanese and chamorro) once a week..
10. of courseeeeeee.... i also went to Managaha..its a flat coral islet.. white powdery sand..different shades of blue water...
11. oohh i almost forgot the groto..hehe.. it has an under gound passage.. which only divers can take...this passage leads to the ocean ... plussss its a 300 or so steps down AND up.. the place.. brace your self.. (the steps are quite small too plus kinda slippery.)
12. some tourist sites... banzai cliff, suicide cliff, birds island view
13. for golfers... i "visited" (take note. i did not play golf there) hmm i liked Lao Lao golf and kingfisher... Lao Lao has a good view of the ocean and they have a decent course... well Kingfisher.. on the other hand, i did n0t notice the course that much because of the view...everywhere i look is like... "WOW"
14.went to joetens for sweet nothings hehe!
15..oh my favorite is the starbucks coffee frappuccino coffee drink a lowfat creamy blend of starbucks coffee and milk 9.5 FL OZ (281 mL) carameL with natural & artificial flavour.. shake well ..serve chilled over ice.:D
to see SOME pictures of Saipan CLICK HERE
to see a LOT of SAiPan Pics click here
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!