Main Street at Christmas

Grapevine Travel Blog

The Nativity scence

This weekend I decided to take a trip over to Grapevine and visit some of the wineries, taste a few wines and maybe have a great little meal. The city of Grapevine has dubbed itself, “The Christmas Capital of Texas” It was a memorable winter wonderland in historic Grapevine, Texas. Grapevine was the essence of holiday décor as the city was blanketed with millions of lights, enormous decorations, animated characters and a whole lot more! With all of this plus great shopping for everyone on my list, Grapevine truly was the "Christmas Capital of Texas."

The entire town got involved in the season.

Some sculptures
The gazebo in the middle of town was lit up with thousands of lights that were choreographed with traditional Christmas songs. The show went off every couple of minutes and last a good 10-15 minutes. The best party of these dancing lights was really just watching the young children dance around and sing the songs. Wouldn’t you know that when I started filming the light show, my batteries died in my camera. I franticly looked all over town, within walking distance, for some new ones, but no stores sold them. Oh well. You will just have to trust me that it was fantastic.

I strolled along the sidewalks looking into shops and saying hello to people passing by. My mission for the evening was really to scope out the wineries that I wanted to visit on Saturday. I stopped into various little shops and eateries. It was a nice cold stroll, but very much enjoyable.

a close up