Delaney's

Grapevine Travel Blog

The front of the shop

Today enjoy a picturesque Holiday in the Vineyard at Delaney Vineyards. Every one at the vinyard got to help light the 40-foot Christmas Tree at the 2pm Tree Lighting Ceremony and sip on toasty mulled wine and warm apple cider. They had local choirs  singing festive carols of the season, which helped  to warm everyone’s spirits and usher in the holiday season.  Delaney Vineyards is the perfect setting to capture some family holiday photos, but as luck or fate would have it, my batteries died again. They had a ll of these special holiday- and wine- themed areas set up for photos.

They also had a toy drive that they collected toys that  would be donated to families of the U.S. troops.
The wine tasting which cost a little extra was really nice, but I didn’t dare taste before that ride home. They also gave complimentary tours of the vineyard.

They have a 5,200 square foot Barrel Room which is a large, yet intimate space with capacity for 250 seated guests, or a cocktail buffet for 400, so says our tour guide.

Bob Labeling his wine
The interior brick walls were lined with oak wine barrels and large antique tongs. The 40-foot vaulted ceiling and the Italian granite tasting bar added an old world atmosphere to this unique setting.

Next to the Barrel Room was the 1,000 square foot Tank Room. The room is available for rental to smaller groups and featured several stainless steel fermentation tanks. A separate catering kitchen in this area provided caterers with all the necessary tools to make any event a delicious memory.

The 1,500 square foot outdoor Crush Pad offered sweeping views of the vineyard, as well as heaters, fans and roll-down screens to adapt to the ever-changing Texas weather which was very nice today, but rain forecasted for Monday.

It was a fun day that made me feel like I was in the heart of the Napa Valley and not the heart of Texas.  You can find them at 2000 Champagne Blvd. In Grapevine, just off hwy 114. Their phone number is 817-481-5668 and they are open Mon. �" Fri. 9:00 a.m. �" 5:00 p.m.  Sat. 10:00 a.m. �" 5:00 p.m. Sun. closed
Bob and Mari Ellen

Texas is the fifth-largest wine-producing state in the U.S., and Grapevine has served as a trendsetter and leader with award-winning wineries and winemakers. So, whether you’re visiting the DFW area for business or pleasure, you have to stop by at one of the nine wineries located in Grapevine. A major advance for the development of the Texas wine industry began in the early 1970’s. Researchers and investors found that Texas has ideal soil and climate conditions for wine grape growing. Texas presently is the fifth largest wine producing state in the nation behind California, Washington, New York, and Oregon.

The tasting bar
There are over 113 bonded wineries in Texas, a dramatic development that has occurred in the last few years. While many of the wineries are small producers who concentrate on tourism for the majority of their sales, several of the large wineries have developed state, national, and international markets for Texas wines.

I visited a couple of them and really enjoyed myself. D’Vine winery at 409 South Main Street was by far the best place I visited, again, for the first time. I mean, all the times I went in there, mostly at festival, it was very crowed and I didn’t get to really experience why it is so “divine.” This time I did. D’Vine winery produces all it’s own wines and is  a place were locals can come in and make their own wine.

The wall of wine
(Read my review) Today was my lucky day as I ran into a couple of really nice people named Bob and Mari Ellen. They were in the building bottling, labeling and packaging the wine they had made. Bob was a hoot. We laughed and he shared some really interesting stories with me about some experiences he had with some many interesting people.

I was treated to a glass of their home made wine. I feel bad that I don’t remember what the name of it was, but they had some really great labels. The photo on the label was a shot that Mari Ellen had taken in their backyard. It was great. They looked really professional and all. They shared a glass of their wine with me and I have to say that it was pretty good. It was a Zinfandel and it has some pretty smooth characteristics to it. I just wanted to sit down with a nice bowl of pasta and enjoy that wine, but it was still early and I would have a two hour or more drive home.

We laughed and they let me take a few pictures of them with their prize.

Homestead
They said they were going to give a few away as gifts as well as have some for later. What a fun and rather inexpensive hobby.

I visited La Buena Vida winery as well. The ladies there were really nice and I signed up to be in their special little club that allowed me a discount on my 6 bottles of wine I bought. Again, a review will follow. They have some really good wines there. I found some S African and Australian wines for 10 buck a pop and brought some home. The place was really beautiful and I enjoyed hanging out for awhile with them.

I found my way over to a small little winery/tasting room called Homestead. The gentleman was really nice and talked to me about a lot of the wines they had. They offered hot wine spiced cider to drink as I walked around the room. They also had a lemon wine. Yes, Lemon Wine. I was pretty shocked that you could make a sweet lemon wine, but I guess it was just really fermented lemonade. I didn’t try it, but marvel at it anyway.

I found my way out of town and back on the highway home to Kilgore. It was a great couple of days just strolling along. I was even happier when I saw that super unleaded gas was only $1.64 a gallon. Yes, I did fill ‘er up.

rogers10 says:
Did you bring me some wine? Sounds like you had a good time. Cheers, my brotha
Posted on: Dec 06, 2008
Homestead tasting room
Homestead tasting room
a look at the tasting abr
a look at the tasting abr
a proud owner at homestead
a proud owner at homestead
Downtown Grapevine and the water t…
Downtown Grapevine and the water …
Windmills for your yard
Windmills for your yard
Downtown Grapevine
Downtown Grapevine
Holy Grounds, Main Street
Holy Grounds, Main Street
Vino
Vino
Rocker outside a shop: very southe…
Rocker outside a shop: very south…
Divine Wine
This is a one of many, ‘make your own wine’ in their state of the art wine making facilities wineries in Texas. I like going into this place becau… read entire review
Another great little winery
Farina’s winery is located at 420 South Main Street in the Grapevine Historic District. This place was Originally the home of Tate’s Hardware, Far… read entire review
Homestyle Wine
The original wine facility of Homestead winery is at the family farm in Ivanhoe, Texas which I found out that Tiger Woods could drive a shot to Oklaho… read entire review
Grapevine