Aborted Flight

Nome Travel Blog

Nome gas prices

Reaching Solomon by nine o'clock, I throttled a steady 50 m.p.h. toward Nome. I regretted not having time to make another coffee stop at the Safety Roadhouse to learn more about the place. I sped by, only slowing for road construction. It looked like stretches of the Nome-Council Road were being prepared for blacktopping. By quarter to ten, I rolled into Nome. Refueling the Ford SUV at the Tesoro station cost $5.39 a gallon. Gasoline prices are a bit high in Nome since the fuel has to be barged in. I turned the mud-caked vehicle in at Stampede Car Rental at the lobby of the Aurora Inn, had breakfast at the Polar Café, then took a $6 taxi to the airport.

Prepaid Alaska Airline tickets were for Bethel via Anchorage. After a quick inspection of my helicopter there tonight, I was to continue back to Anchorage then return to the company base in Wasilla tomorrow. When TSA inspectors rejected a portable butane soldering iron in my toolbox, I cancelled the flight and checked into the Polaris Hotel.

goezi says:
NZers are screaming at present NZ$1.97/ltr. They just don't know what you guys around the world have to fork out!!

Give me my company car and tax-payer funded fuel every time!!
Posted on: Aug 20, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
How much in liter is a gallon? Think the gasoline prices in Norway are high, 13 norwegian kroner per litre = 1,6 Euro.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2008