Day at the beach (Harbour actually but beach sounds better)

Howth Travel Blog

Howth Head

Today we decided that, as the weather was much better than predicted again, we would go and do something with the whole family. This includen opa (granddad) and the dog Lucky. We went for a drive to Howth.

First we parked the car and went for a walk along a cliff path. We had some very nice views from here so I got some nice pictures. As the path was quite muddy in places and we didn't know how long it was we decided to turn back and drove to the harbour in the car.

At the harbour it was quite busy. A nice day combined with markets made a lot of people come out. We didn't hear a lot of English spoken though, mostly Spanish and Italian from what I heard. We went for a short walk here first to look at some of the boats, and we were lucky enough to see some greay seals as well! They come into the harbour in the hopes of getting fed I think.

Muddy Walk
We saw about five or six in total, including a baby seal.

After that we went to get something to eat, there were quite a few stalls with food and we decided to go for the crepes. They had different sweet and savoury fillings. The girls shared an egg, ham and cheese one, my mum had the same. Padraig (opa) had a tuna, mayonnaise and cheese one and I opted for the pesto, roast pepper and cheese. They were very yummy! We walked around the market stalls and then went in search of a toilet which was not easy, but we finally found one in the indoor market (which was very disappointing in itself). After that we drove back to Clondalkin.

In the evening my mum's second cousin (or something along those lines) came for dinner. She's Dutch and has been living in dublin for a while, she works for a company called Oracle. We had roast chicken and with coffee we had the apple pie we had bought at the market this afternoon.

Lighthouse
Tram Chowder stall
Market
Market
Howth Sights & Attractions review
Free tourist attraction by the sea
As this is a free attraction it will be very welcome to most travellers I'm sure! Howth is situated to the north of Dublin city and the Dublin Bay… read entire review
Howth