Paris, the past, the present and the future

Paris Travel Blog

Le Sacré Coeur

A long time ago I visited Paris for one day and I knew I should come back to this  beautiful city of light and love, because Paris has so much amazing sights, I`ve enjoyed every minute there, by day and by night!

One day in Paris was not enough for me.

The next time I spent 10 days in Paris and after that I still had not enough of Paris; I took the train, the bus, the car and the metro to visit Paris.

It`s not fun at a crowded metro, but the subway drives you everywhere you want in Paris.

Paris will always be Paris; I love this city, especially Quartier Latin !

Quartier Latin has a very lively atmosphere with much to do and much to see.

It has many trendy cafés, shops and restaurants.

Le Quartier Latin got its name, because Latin was spoken here.

Le Moulin Rouge

The university tradition still lives on in this neighborhood.

Then there is Montmartre, the center of artistic life in Paris, in the heart of the town.

Many artist live, work and play here.

It`s good shopping, when you like art.

Montmartre is a hill witch is 130 meters high, it looks grandly out over all of Paris, with on the top the white-dorned Sacré Coeur Basilica (Basilica of the sacred heart) , a must to see.

Le Sacré Coeur is  perhaps just as impressing as the inside of it.

It attracts many pelgrims from all over the world and it`s painted many times by famous painters.

I`ve seen different buildings, The Arc of Triumph, The Notre Dame, which is almost 900 years old.

Then The Invalides; the most significant in the history of The Invalides is the return of the body of Napoleon.

The Arc of Triumph

It`s very impressing and interesting.

I also have been on the Tour Montparnasse, with its view from the 59th floors.

It`s 209 meters high, featuring the fastest lift in Europe, which make it on top in 38 seconds, I dindn`t like that!

It feels very strange in my stomach, but the view of Paris was really gorgeous!

The Avenue des Champs Élysées is also a very marvelous place for walking, also in the night.

When you are in Paris, you must see a show on the Moulin Rouge, its very expensive, but it`s really great!

And so I`ve seen a lot more, too  much to write, I also dicided to go to The Chateau of Versailles, where I visited the castle, saw  “The Queens bed” and the beautiful garden of it.

After Versailles I visited Fontainebleau, which is originated as a hunting lodge.

The Eiffel tower

Fontainebleau is located to the southeast of Paris, about an hour by car, or by train.

The palace of Fontainebleau is large and dignified, although not quite as opulent or interesting as Versailles.

I also visited Chateau de Vaux le Vicomte in Maincy, that was  also very beautiful.

It`s very nice to shop in Paris and there are many good restaurants in this beautiful city.

I`ve seen The Eiffeltower many times, but I`ve not been in it, once there were to many people who wants the same as me and another time it was closed, or under construction, so I have to go back for the Eiffeltower and also for The Louvre.

Then I can make photo`s with my digital camera, they will establish be better than these pictures, wich I scanned of my negatives.

emmllerg says:
Enjoy your next vacation to Paris
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
aggieaggie says:
Well, I prefer a blast above so many rain Nina :-)
Posted on: Jul 04, 2008
blurbmoi says:
I so envy you Agnes!!! You obviously had a blast here:-)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008