Tatry

Zakopane Travel Blog

During my last week of finals, I was so tired of school and my room that I was somehow forced to stay all the days, that I was ready to go anywhere as soon as my last exam was over. And so on the next evening me and my best friend were sitting in the train on our way to Zakopane, which is on the other side of Poland from the place I live in. Although we had to travel 13 hours by train, then half an our by bus, then we had 2 hour long walk to get to our hostel, we were both happy about upcoming few days.

Everyday we were getting up quite early in the morning to go high in the mountines. Views were amazing. We met few people on our ways, who were always willing to give us some advice where to go the next day. As I have not been climbing the mountines for few years, I was really happy to be there, smiling all the time. I was only afraid to meet some bear there, as to get to the top, usually we had to go through forests. Fortunately or unfortunetaly, we did not meet any bears.

The trip was great. I had the chance to be far from any city, as the hostel was in the beautiful valley surrounded by mountines, far from anything else ( no tv, mobile beyond the range, so no phone). I had an active rest, after which I could gto back home and continue my loong holidays.

parabellum says:
I actually was never thinking about going there on purpose but now I changed my mind. Thanks a lot for that Anna! :)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2008
Reephboy says:
Wonderful scenery, fantastic mountain views....
and great photography! Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Aug 07, 2008