Red Flagged on Crazy Phuket

Phuket Travel Blog

This was Joe's second time in Thailand with me, the first time we made a plan for Koh Samui and Koh Phangnan so he missed Phuket. For this reason, we made a plan to stay on Phuket.

We booked at the new Millennium Resort and if I have time I'll write a review. This is a great place and I would recommend it. Also the price was very low even though it's a very nice resort. The first night we walked around and got some funny pictures especially in the bar area's where there is so much activity and many crazy people. We took dinner at a little Thai restaurant that had a good view of Bangla Road the center of the action. The food was truly terrible so we only ate a little bit, but the people watching was fun. Afterwards we walked around and took a beer at a little typical bar.

Millennium Main Lobby
We went back early to take a nap so we could watch Croatia and Turkey later (2:45am).

The next day we wanted to go to Koh Phi Phi, but due to being tired and not booking the tour, we deferred that another day. There was a tour desk across from our hotel and Kui booked us a private speedboat to Koh Phi Phi for Sunday. Kui made many phone calls to find a private boat for us. She gave us great service I recommend her if you need to book any tours. After booking the boat we went to the beach. Amazing in the low season as there are very few people, and getting a prime spot is easy. The beach was not as dead as Kamala though (last month).  After a while we got bored so we rented jetski's for 2 hours.

Millennium
The wind was blowing so the waves were piling up. Not my idea of fun at high speed. It was more like a pounding. We took off across the bay to seek a protected spot which we found in the south bay. The water was nice a flat and great for speed and tricks. In the protected bay was a sunk longtail boat. It was somewhat dangerous as the bow and stern were sticking up out of the water and I nearly clipped it the first time I passed by. Round the corner was an even smaller bay that was protected by a reef. We slowly found a way through the reef (slowly!!) and the water was perfect, but that led to the 'red flag' incident. We were rippin' around the small bay at very high speed and performing various tricks when we finally noticed an official on the beach frantically waving a red flag. Hahaha, I just laughed it off, but Joe was more polite and waved an apology and we carefully fled the bay. Hahaha, so much fun, for sure.

Again we were trying to be careful of the match and watched part of Nederland and Russia, but no time to sleep-in or we would miss our boat in the morning. I think I fell asleep after 20mins. Wow, I can't believe Russia won. Ei Ei Ei

yadilitta says:
Blowing the waves sounds so much fun!!!! You had a great time!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008