AsiaChinaBeijing

Beijing Olympic Ready!!

Beijing Travel Blog

Paca in Tianamen

In the day, you can really see the improvement in Beijing. I didn't see a single person spit on the side walk. The new buildings don't have parking lots in front, but the space is gardens with tree's flowers and grass. It's a nice look and the city is much better for it. The number of new building is amazing. Everything is strangely clean, obviously the 'everyone's a volunteer' campaign is working. I think people are genuinely proud to host the Olympics and are proud of the city.

On our way to Tianeman Square we were walking and not paying to much attention. I noticed the guy walking beside Joe was looking over and listening to our convo, so I said hi and we quickly got engaged with this cool university art student.

Crazy Beijing Architecture
He had some great information about the preparations for the games, and invited us to his gallery to see his work. Ok, we will do it. So we took a short-cut through the south end of the Forbidden City. This place has been converted into an Olympic Park and it is very serene and peaceful. Very nice. Out the other end of the park, round a corner and (dodging VIP cars) there was the art institute. Opposite was the gallery. The quality was very nice so we both purchased paintings on silk tapestry. It was nice because the we got to spend time with the artist and support his trip to Los Angeles.

With our art in hand, we walked to Tianimen Square and were quickly approached by two guys that wanted pictures taken with us. So no problem, we posed and acted like we knew them. Hahaha, Then we walked around the square, and got a few shots and noticed the countdown clock so we wandered over to it.

New Jardins
  Pretty cool to be there before the event. We liked that.

Whoa, pay attention to the clock!!!! We rushed back to get a lunch and a car for the airport. In the end, the rush was for nothing because as we were waiting for our flight back to the USA, Megan a nice customer service rep for the airline came and found us in the lounge. Her news was not good. The airline could not find the captain for our flight!!!! The captain did not report for work and was not answering her mobile. I was ready to be angery until we thought maybe something bad happened to her. I hope not. I arrived home 12 hours behind schedule, but I can't complain or it would make me an angry bitter person :)

Nice, trip with Joe my friend. Thanks for sharing it with me dude!!

Beijing Olympic Park