Loch Lomond Travel Blog

The journey to Loch Lomond took a little over an hour. We were having lunch at the Carrick, the newest golf course at the Loch, and this was where we were going to meet Mum and Dad. Ronnie let us out the car before we pulled in front of the club house where the restaurant was in case dad saw us. I had a sneaky feeling all this planning wouldn't have much of an impact on Dad...

Ronnie and Christine parked and we waited outside for five minutes before we headed in. Dad turned around just as we got to their table in the Claret Jug lounge, where they were waiting until their table was ready. He half smiled and I realised I must have had a suspicion we were coming...but then Dad is never very expressive anyway, so I knew he wouldn't be jumping up and down delighted to see us!

So we said surprise, and he nodded...Mum asked if he'd suspected anything, and he said when my Granny asked if she was right thinking we were going away on Saturday, he wondered if we were tagging along with them, because we were actually supposed to leave on the Wednesday (his birthday) but all of a sudden it became the Tuesday - the day Mum and Dad were leaving for Inverlochy! Oh well, at least he didn't say anything ahead of time...

We had a wonderful lunch - quite casual, but still nice - and hit the road again. This time the drive was going to be about 2 hours. Mark was asleep before we got to the end of the driveway, which Ronnie and Christine thought was hilarious! I tried to read for a bit but because it was getting dull and cloudy I was soon asleep too!

Loch Lomond