Bye Bye Sam and Ziggy

Strathaven Travel Blog

We decided to have a quick breakfast at MacDonald's (bad I know but I love the Sausage and Egg McMuffins once in a blue moon) so we stopped not far from home to eat.

Needless to say the grumpy kitties yowled and howled the whole way to the cattery. Sam always does this, and Ziggy just gets hyper so between the bouncing on the box and the crying (which sounded like 'No' and 'why') Ziggy decided to join the cat's chorus. Then there was a bad smell - someone had definitely had an accident, oh no! We reckoned it'd be Ziggy, who'd done a whoopsy in his box before.

When we got to Avonbrae Country Cattery (which is very much out in the wilds - we got lost and this wasn't the first time we'd been!) We hauled them into their very spacious pen and let them out. Sam skulked out and ran straight behind a (heated! How posh!) bed and all we could see were his ears poking over the top - he did this when we first got him home so weren't too worried. Ziggy jumped out and up onto the shelf looking at the cats in the pen next door through the Plexiglas sneeze screen! Then we realised it was Sam who'd made a mess - fortunately Adrienne, the lovely lady who runs Avonbrae, said she'd wash it and put it in his bed later. Sam looked unhappy with us but we had to go!

Next stop - Ronnie and Christine (my parent's friends who were going to Inverlochy too) so they could drive us up - all part of the elaborate plan to surprise Dad!

mfmcp1982 says:
I'd love it more if I didn't get lost every time we go!!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008