Arriving safe and sound but very tired and hungry.

Poggibonsi Travel Blog

Megan and Emilie at a pizzeria.

It took us awhile to find the villa we rented.  It is in Poggibonsi but it is very confusing to find at first (at least we thought so).  The only negative thing about this villa is the windy, uphill gravel road you have to take to reach it.  It's not for the faint of heart, especially when there's another vehicle coming from the opposite direction and you have to find somewhere to try and pull over.  I thought we going into a ditch a couple of times.  Niccolo, the manager was very patient and waited for us even though we had arrived well after the 6:00 p.m. deadline for check in.  We had called him earlier on the road to let him know that we would not make it on time and he was very understanding.  When we finally did arrive, we were so pleased.  The villa was just how it looked on the website (Il Tufo delle Tre Querce.  I highly recommend it).  Niccolo was extremely helpful and very nice.  He told us he would give us a password for the wireless connection, gave us some recommendations on where to eat, and pointed us in the direction of the local train station.

Since we were all pretty exhausted after the drive, we just opted to eat at a little local pizzeria.  It was very yummy and the waiter was extrememly helpful and pleasant.  After our meal, we headed back to the villa and all went straight to bed.  I had my first welcome from the resident mosquito that night.

sylviandavid says:
cute blog..... The mosquitos usually send an entire envoy out to welcome me! Sylvia
Posted on: Aug 03, 2008
Poggibonsi Hotels & Accommodations review
A Beautiful Villa in Tuscany
We recently returned from our family vacation in the Tuscany region of Italy. I have to say what made our visit even more enjoyable was our lovely vi… read entire review
photo by: phototobi