first day in Jamaica

Negril Travel Blog

Wakey wakey!!!  7.38AM

Mum was up first ofcourse, trying to drag me out of bed ''no laziness allowed on this holiday'', we awoke to a cloudy sky that morning so not a great day to start the tanning process but plenty of other things to do :). First things first Room change ( I know I know there's always 1 lol ) but im afraid their were just to many mosquitoes in this room, anyways we got our room change ''no problem'' but it turns out you only get a bell boy if your checking in (or out) hehe! so 2 suitcases, 2 peices of handluggage and 2 flights of stairs ... ''this should be fun!''

30 minutes later we were settled into our new and improved room ... ahhh much better a mozzie net on the balcony door and a SEA VIEW !!!!!  fabulous .

exploring - this consisted of a trip to the hotel shop which had lots of lovely things, my Mum insisted on buying one of those rastafari hats you know the one's with the long black dreads coming out the sides and wearing it as we continued on our exploration of the resort, several ''yeah mon's '' and smiles later we reached the bar giggling away ''hmmm perfect time for a drink'' (still wearing the rasta hat I might add).

Welcome meeting - this is where we met our rep Sandra she was adorable and her repetitive warnings of wear sunscreen finally drummed in :)

Mandy007 says:
Haha It's me in the hat :)
Posted on: Jul 03, 2008
with the rasta hat!

18:35PM - just waltzing past the balcony door as I see the most astonishing blend of colour I run to the door and push it open and I'm gobsmacked standing perfectly still, eyes glued to the sky ''Mum...... come out here and see the sunset'' ... just as bewildered as I, we both stand in complete amazement, Jamaica's sunset really is something else you really have to see it to beleive it !!!

Its gradually retreating luminosity graces clouds wandering, Sailing and drifting above us.

At that point I felt refreshed and any trace of jetlag had been dragged out of me and disappeared with the sun that evening.

As I stood there in complete relaxation I knew that the next three weeks were going to be ''no problem man'' I was truely in Jamaica.

little did we know we hadn't seen anything yet !

Koralifix says:
Could be a most amazing postcard - great photo :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2009
X_Drive says:
"Gobsmacked".. a word I have never heard before, but clearly defines the jaw dropping power of a beautiful sunset! :)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2008