Shopping, sugar cane and Lucea clock tower

Lucea Travel Blog

7:00AM - rise and shine

Woke up early today and it was straight down to the beach (again) for a couple of hours after breakfast !

Once we were bored of the beach for the day we thought we would journey out a bit and see a few things which were  not too far away as this was taxi orientated :)

Kenny the taxi driver who we had met before on the beach  took us to a nearby sugar cane plantation and we stopped to take a few pics, it looked great from a height, after we stood in the sun and looked over the plantation for a while  we wanted to go shopping so kenny took us to the nearby shopping mall and supermarket where I bought a jamaican flag bikini which I LOVE by the way, mum bought some rum for the family back home and I bought a few gifts aswell.

Next we wanted to go to the town of lucea to have a look around and also see the LUCEA CLOCK !

In the centre of Lucea stands a clock tower. Though it was installed in 1817, it is still fully functional. The clock was originally destined for St Lucia but was accidentally sent to Lucea . The Jamaicans loved the clock and didnt want to send it back so they decided to keep it !

The Town Hall was used as a Court House and offices for the Parish Council (local government) it is seen in the movie "Cool Runnings".

I thought it was amazing how all these years later the clock is still ticking away .

sugar cane
Lucea methodist church and the clo…
Lucea methodist church and the cl…
drivin