Meeting Ron

Negril Travel Blog

Babylon ... lol notice the man officer trying to look away

So today was to be my first ever meet - up from Travbuddy, Id been speaking to Ron online for a while about jamaica as we were really excited, so Ron kindly drove all the way from Kingston to Negril to meet up with us.

We were waiting in the lobby of the Riu tropical bay, as ron turned up I recognised him straight away, we all chatted for a while and then decided to go for a little spot of shopping we walked around for ages and I told Ron all about knoxley and that he would meet him at ricks the next day :)

Next we went to a more local shopping spot where lots of locals were hanging out in their little groups, playing the music loudly, talking, and ejoying the sun, generally just chilling i think, we saw two police officers up on one of he higher balconys so Ron took us to say hello to them as my mum is a police woman here in London she wanted to take a pic to show her fellow officers when she got home so they could have a look at the major differences in uniforms and the fact that they carry guns.

adeeba, me and knoxley

I think they were a bit weirded out at the idea first but finally agreed, well the woman did anyways, the gy was a bit reluctant but he was in the picture anyways .... he was standing in the way !

didnt take pics today :( we should have !

WEDNESDAY 18TH JUNE 2008

(decided to put these 2 days together)

we met up with Ron again today, and we all trotted off to spend the evening at ricks cafe, we watched the band for a while and during the beak knoxley and adeeba came over to meet Ron aswell, it was alot of fun and the night was going great but we couldnt stay out too late as we had to get up early for our tour of YS FALLS and the BLACK RIVER.

but we couldn't leave Ricks cafe without having one of the famous BOB MARLEY SHOTS  - the bartender floyd lit the topof the glass on fire and told us we had to put the straw in the middle and suck the shot out as quickly as we could before the whole straw melted.... haha what a legendary shot.

so we all said good night and after giving knoxley a big hug went our seperate ways for the night as we didnt want to miss our tour in the morning. :)

Babylon ... lol notice the man off…
Babylon ... lol notice the man of…
adeeba, me and knoxley
tango and mum (ricks cafe)
tango and mum (ricks cafe)
tango and me (ricks cafe)
tango and me (ricks cafe)
adeeba and me at ricks cafe