Back to My happy place !

Negril Travel Blog

The gang

Today started off pretty much the same as any other day but turned out to possibly be one of our most memorable and one of the best days of my life.

Beach, tanning, the clear waters of the ocean....... a chat with clive, some dancing, jerk chicken for lunch and then back up to our room for a little break from the sun.

Being a libra I have some very TIME CONSUMING habbits, for examle indecisive-ness  haha!

So we couldn't decide on what to do next after several minutes of idea throwing we reached the conclusion that we would head down to the shops to buy a few more gifts and then return to the spectacular Ricks cafe that we loved so much <3

shopping, shopping, shopping I bought a sweet little kitchen tray for my Nan which I Knew she would just love so much, Mum bought a nice necklace, we got a few bottles of minature rum for friends back home and Mum got a lovely top, me I went for another Bob Marley top.

mum at ricks - evening

We reached ricks cafe in record time literally as our friendly but lightning fast driver practically flew us there so as not to miss sunset ... he got us there about 25 minutes before the sunset even started.

Again on arrival fabulous reggae sounds were blasting from the sound system  ''oh lord have mercy, mercy, mercy, ......'' we began singing away as we plonked ourselves down at the bar and ordered some drinks, some seats in the front became available when the sun started to set as everyone went over to watch it before leaving on thier tour busses but this time we weren't leaving after sunset we were staying until it closed :) so we settled down in our chairs ready to watch the 'sea breeze' band after the sun had waved its last goodbyes to the tourists of today.

me at ricks just after sunset

The sea breeze band were inspirational and even a little moving, a very amazing band with an amazing sound that during their break my Mum took the liberty of introducing herself to Adeeba the singer of the band ... they had an extra long break that night as we all got chatting about life and reggae, I asked Adeeba if she could sing one of my favourits Tarrus riley - 'she's Royal' but Adeeba said it was for a man to sing and that she would definately sort something out for me............knoxley the pianist took quite an interest in myself and I very much enjoyed his company too and thought he was a lovely guy with a decent personality..... sparks were flying everywhere In the night air of Jamaica and rum punch !

Adeeba was probably the nicest woman that I met throughout our three weeks in Jamaica and we grew to love her and the band, my Mum even went up on stage to sing a song with Adeeba at ricks cafe that night.

Down by the rivers of babylon
...... Rivers of Babylon.

I sat and watched from behind the stage area with my new friend knoxley, Id never seen my Mum more happy it was a true gift to watch.

After this song Adeeba waltzed over to knoxley and handed him the microphone as the band started up with a very familiar tune ....... OMG !!!!!!!!! ''SHE'S ROYAL  OOHHH SO ROYALLLLL AND I WANT HER IN MY LIFE ..... I NEVER KNEW ANYONE, SO SUPREME.... THE WAY SHE MOVE TO HER OWN BEAT.... SHE'S A QUEEN'' and right then and there I was serenaded by knoxley on stage at ricks cafe infront of the crowd, I was blushing like a red rose but smiling inside and out.

on departure of ricks that evening we were sad to leave our new friends behind but a promise to return Monday and/or Wednesday to ricks cafe was made by both parties and we left with smiles on our faces and songs in our hearts!

It's just a feeling you get, but we knew we had made new friends for life .

GlamNat says:
babe I havent read you cool blog in a while so i thought I would catch up on it, even though you told me all about jamaica anyway :) I'll be a supportive friend
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009
manoela28 says:
awwwww this is the best entry
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009