Back to base

Negril Travel Blog

Ronman2006 aka Ron and myself lol

So anyways, the drive back wasnt almost as brutal as the one there, it was actually nice and relaxing the sun wasn't as blinding and the journey didn't seem to take as long, maybe because I drifted off half way through with the combination of warm sun beaming in through the window, the cool breeze of the air con and soft reggae sounds on the radio it was easy to relax.

Once we had reached the resort, we chucked our bags  on our beds and dived on after them, we were shattered but decided that a short power nap would do the trick so we slept for about an hour and then got washed and ready to meet Ron again and go out for the evenng, we werent quite sure on hangout spots so we invited Mr. Knoxley along for the evening.

So meting Ron and Knoxley we set out down to west end negril, where there are numerous little spots to hang out but first stop Ricks Cafe as it was already around 8pm anyways so we had 2 hours at ricks just chilling and listening to another singer who was called Dollyman! He was more of a Bashment artist and sang awesome songs such as Buju Banton- Driver which is one of my faves.

mum at xtabi

Next Ron showed us a little place near to Ricks called Xtabi which closes around half 11 Xtabi looked great, we indulged in some exotic cocktails and chilled, looking out at the stars and talking :) when Xtabi closed we still wernt ready to go back so we went and found a nice little spot on the beach to sit and drink and relax, knoxley knew the local guys there so it was fine to sit and chill on the beach.

Alcohol supplies were running low and we still wanted to hang out so we took a short drive back to the riu to empty the mini fridge and make use of our dispensers. Bringing the drinks back to the beach we still had a good few hours of star gazing and chit chat before we left for bed that night.

p.s. notes for today - make sure we get back to Xtabi :)

manoela28 says:
hey, I cant wait for my first travbuddy meeting
Posted on: Jan 28, 2009