The Train Ride!

Cusco Travel Blog

Hey
Today we left Cuzco to visit a NEW wonder of the world MACHU PICCHU!!!! I was very excited because this was going to be my first train ride ever! We left really early in the morning to go to the train station around the seven in the morning, inside the train we met some old aussie ladies that were sitting in front of us telling about their travels in South America and their experince in the jungle and Peru as well! I took a lot of pictures along the way but Katie went to sleep fast as soon as the train start moving she said "The train was so relaxing, it put me fast to sleep"...LOL :P That silly Katie I guess all that zig zag movement in the beginning of the ride made her feel like if she was in a cradle or something.
Before Machu Picchu we have to stop in Guagas Calientes "Hot Waters" a village nestled up the valley, below Machu Picchu to get our ticket! :D I was lucky to find the monuments of the founding father and mother of the Incan Empire, Manco Cápac and Mama Ocllo!
The Incan mythology says that the "Inti" or Sun God sent his two children that emerged out of Lake Titicaca because he distressed that the humankind did not lived in a civilized way.
 Manco Cápac and Mama Ocllo would come teach them to improved their lifes. The Inti gave them a golden staff to find the most appropriate location by sticking the staff into the ground. They searched high and low for the perfect place but had no luck until they found the most magnificent place that their eyes ever laid on! Manco Cápac placed the golden staff and Cuzco was founded.
Gloliss08 says:
hey i was just there 2wks ago! it was beautiful!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2008
On board!
On board!
Dont worry Ill be back Cuzco!
Don't worry I'll be back Cuzco!
haha...one of the Aussie Ladies th…
haha...one of the Aussie Ladies t…
People from the Inca Trail