Rain….what a difference!

Lubbock Travel Blog

Hard rain

Yesterday it rained and I took a few photos for you and thought of a trip to upper State New York.  I road my motorcycle to New York and stayed for three months and during that time it rained, but not like it does here.  It rained for a week….non-stop!

Now here in Texas we get rain and it pours down hard but not for very long then it goes away.  The photos will show you a normal rain for us; it was 1.10 inches of rain in 45 min.

I remember again on my motorcycle I was riding and cars following me, we went sand sledding in Midland then were heading down to the Davis Mountains when it began to rain.  I sped up (went faster) later when we were stopped some of them asked me…I thought you would slow down but you sped up…why?  To punch through it….

River down the street
it would end quicker…and yes it did!  I know how it rains here.

On the way to El Paso, my niece Bridget (Travbrit_1984) and I spent the night in a hotel at Van Horn, TX.  It was thundering and lighting plus raining Armadillos and Jackalopes….lol  I live in “Tornado Ally” so knew everything was fine…early in the morning Bridget woke up…..she was scared to death and the power had cut off.  I looked outside….told her everything’s fine go back to bed….she just looked at me…I reassured her I knew what I was talking about and I went back to bed.  Next day everything was fine.  Bridget was not accustom to our type of storms and rain…but I was.

Ok now I am laughing because I remember the movie “Forest Gump” and he was talking about rain in Vietnam….all kinds of rain….ROFL   Nope you will have to watch it to hear it again…lol

Anyway, so what kind of rain do you get?  Plus when you go on a trip are you ready for their type of rain?

kingsheart says:
lol
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
and they consider themselves multi-lingual suppose, shocking ;)
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Ya can always trust the dynamic duo to resolve any problems!
Big drops
Big drops
Rain gushing out the gutter.
Rain gushing out the gutter.
Puddles forming