EuropePolandLiw

visiting Yellow Lady in Liw

Liw Travel Blog

Yellow Lady -Ludwika Kuczyńska

Lady Ludwika Kuczy┼äska is named Yellow Lady and is the main gost in Liw's castle or rather small part of it. Locals know her story, I learned about it this Sunday.

Ludwika was not beauty at all, but she had very jealous husband... (the begining of tipycal histoy...)  One day disappeard her precious rind.... one, two, three rings :O .......(is there any similar story about  gems.... if I rememberd well, the queen of France  lost her gems, but she was lucky...there were The Thee Musketeers who helped her ....) But Ludwika had not luck despite that the whole knights' squad was stacioned in the castle. Ludwika's husbend, busy man, found her guilty (easy and quick way to solve a problem :/    Ludwika - the lady of castle was thrown into the tower.

the gothic casle in Liw
Begging about mercy didn't help at all.... well hard to talk about mercy when the husband agree to do the test of innocence. Ludwika had to bear through the brick with the finger during one night ! (I don't know what Ludwika did, or what Ludwika thought,.... franckly being Ludwika I would snort such dumbhead in face with laughter...   what! just a stressless education, am modern lady ;P).....  Liw's Lady was  truncated with axe..... ( and this is not funny at all) ..... Gems were found in mugpie's nest, (no comments! hmmm.... :/   Husband fell into depression.... (but who minded about it post factum).

Now we have our Yellow Lady - now beauty, crying lady in yellow scarf who is walking between the apartments, the courtyard and the tower and still looking for something.

... maybe her rings ?

Yellow Lady didn't let me feel any scare when I was visiting her property... maybe only the wind near tower suddenly changed into strong and cold so I din't do too many photos....  but in her castle I was welcome friendly  and enjoyed the piano music :)       thanks YL!

........................................................................ :) it was a legend (with my modern comments).

But history in shortcut looks like it:

Somewhere between Poland and  Lithuania in XV century on artificial islands amongs swamps was built the gothic castle. Our neighbours from the north part of Europe (anyway quite nice ppl nowadays :) decided to win it and burn. And they did it twice in 1656 and 1703. But it was rebuild as a baroque manor. Unfortunately it was burnt agin in XIX century ... by accident ( maybe someone played with matches ?!). During IIWW a man whose name was Otto Warpechowski saved it. Now we have got a museum.

piano play