Drive, drive and drive

Sweden Travel Blog

Some bridge on our way

After we left from Skara (that was July 25th) we were suppose to drive from there to Haparanda where we could get back to Finland. I don't remember how long the distance is, but I think it's about 1200 kilometres. If you have ever sit in car that time you know that in some point it gets REALLY boring. And there weren't even much sceneries to watch. And weather wasn't the best. In some point of the day we were too tired to drive anymore and decided to sleep in one small town somewhere in Sweden, I can't remember name of it. I just remember that hotel was placed on really beautiful place.

On the next day (26th, date of this entry) we started to drive again.

Inlandsvägen sign
Day was almost the same than day before it. Weather wasn't good, mostly it was too hot to sit in the car. We stopped in one city, I don't remember name of it either and I bought my only souvenier from there: brown t-shirt which has white ball-desing in it. I really love that shirt, but it wasn't the best possible souvenier to buy. But in that point of trip it was almost only thing I could have buy. I should have thought souveniers earlier! By the midnight we finally reached Haparanda and couple hours later we were back home.

One of the things that almost drived me crazy on the trip was that almost whole trip we drived on inlandsvägen (vägen means road). I don't know why it was so annoying. :) Maybe because I spended time by watching traffic signs and almost every second was inlandsvägen's sign. Other odd (to me) signs which I saw were speed-signs. In Finland we have signs with paired number (like 40, 60 and 80) and in Sweden there were signs with unpaired numbers (like 50, 70, 90). One other thing that almost drived me crazy in this trip was my friend. She sat at back seat and sleeped almost whole time! We still have a joke about she sleeping through whole Sweden. :D And I have even write a song about that.

By the end of the trip we all were really tired (hard to believe that my friend was still tired after all that sleeping), but I'm really happy that we made that trip. Lots of good memories though we had some problems on the way (hotel booking, bad weather). :)